My go-to pre long run and pre-race dinner is a teriyaki bowl packed with rice, protein and veggies. I’ve a very salty sweat-er and have realized the best think to eat before a run is a good combination of easy to digest carbs that I can top with soy sauce or liquid aminos.
And last night I made this favorite with a new ingredient – Impossible™ Burger.
I had a sample at Costco a while back and was an instant fan. Have you tried it?
If you’re not familiar Impossible™ Burger is a plant based protein that cooks just like meat. It’s made of soy and potato proteins combined in a magical way to look and taste like ground hamburger. I used one package of the ground Impossible™ Burger to make Teriyaki Bowls and they were amazing. Here’s the recipe…
Pre-Race or Long Run Recipe – IMPOSSIBLE FOODS Teriyaki Bowls
- .5 cup diced onion
- 12oz Impossible™ Burger
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 8oz teriyaki sauce
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- optional: Cilantro, Sesame Seeds, Sriracha
- Steamed Rice
- Heat pan and add 2 tablespoons olive oil, cook diced onion until translucent.
- Add Impossible™ Burger and cook through (until browned).
- Mix in broccoli and mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Cook through.
- Top with 1 cup teriyaki sauce. Mix well. Season to taste or add more sauce as needed.
- Build teriyaki bowls with rice, teriyaki meat and veggies plus toppings.
Half and Full Marathon Training Tip
TRAINING TIP: Every body is different so you have to practice your fueling plan during training. Use your Running Log to note what you ate before your long run and how you felt during your run. This information can help you learn how to eat to run your best.
Go get ’em!
This post is in partnership with Impossible™ Foods All opinions are my own.